Comment on page
What we will do: the next steps in our shared adventure
So we aim to build something fair for all, something that will survive our grandchildren's children. Won't be easy. But we do have a plan and passion. We apply an iterative agile approach. Below are the upcoming highlights planned for 2022 (updated: April-2022) On boardings process: click here @ DAO navigation. Check here what we already did this year: Completed Roadmap 2022
GOAL: Provide the community with a solid infrastructure and proper incentives/rewards for contribution. This is the moment in time that we enable the community to build and earn. Efforts will be taken in the following areas:
- 1.Community Involvement
- 2.Platform upgrades
- 3.Discord and bot upgrades
- 4.Education content
- 5.Decentralized control
- 6.Legal/Tax Challenges
Each period has built-in stops/go's. Thanks to the governance via the DAO, the Koios community will have a voice. The NFTs will provide the face. The community of Titans will learn how to talk and will decide what the future or learning holds for Koios. Because we aim to be as fully open as possible, and all members can join and contribute, we are never sure what the community will create next decade.
- Airdrop ideas (in progress, lead: Kidsune) - Airdrop the tokens from proposal 2. - Voters from july 2022 - Airdrop for members that minted 1 Titan via 50K XP burn - Airdrop retro-actively the non-transferable badges for students that passed the minor - Other ideas are welcome!
- Get Titan NFTs on Degenscore (in progress, lead: _Sven__) Reward: 10 titan
- >2022: Set up a virtual gallery to view the Titan NFT collection. Reward: 100 titan
- Non-transferable badges when a student passes a course. In progress, team: Akasha, PauwCrypto, Fiera, Gerard, Kidsune (teamlead) Reward: 20 titan
- >2022: Incorporate one-on-one NFTs in dynamic NFT as personalised option. A mix between Titan and Discord image/nickname (in progress, lead: Kidsune). First succesfull experiment for Malva.koios
- Next steps for badges: include THUAS + open badge standard/join with SURF activities Reward: 50 titan
- More NFTs: other collectible ideas like an NFT per course or micro-badges (the creation of new business models in web3)? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/education-nfts-replace-diplomas-resumes-beau-brannan/?trackingId=0x6MEMP9RWu5Xb022BP2Yg%3D%3D Reward: 50 titan
- Upgrade Koios logo (delayed)
- Upgrade Twitter - social media plan & execution Reward: 20 titan
- Koios merch (hoodies, shirts, stickers) Reward: 20 titan
- Physical or Online Events Reward: 10 titan
- Create Titan webshop Reward: 50 titan
- Koios Games Bot (in progress, Duart) Reward: 20 titan
- In-game trading competition (Titan Trading Competition). Rewards in XP Reward: 20 titan
- Meme competition Reward: 20 titan
- Koios Awards (digital + physical at The Hague Uni) Reward: 40 titan
- Create a visualisation of this roadmap Reward: 20 titan
- Application process web3 Grants or Meatworld subsidies Reward: $
- Expansion profile page with more options: removal 3ID, integration rainbowkit and integration LENS Protocol. In progress, team: Fiera, Loop, Gerard, Kidsune. Will eventually includes storyboard for community members (a profile page with personal intro + Discord handle, socials and community stats like XP/Titans/NFts/Levels) Reward: $ & 100 titan
- New homepage (in progress, lead Fiera): fully focused on Titan? Include: - Focus on onboarding Titans / Titan dashboard - New images, including hero and closing banner + pastel coloring - Simplify global onboarding users. Simplify! Reward: $ & 100 titan
- Dark mode for app environment (in progress, lead Steppie)
- A leaderboard based on Titans (in progress, lead Loop) Reward: $ & 10 titan
- Discord improvement: organisation channels + levels based on Titan Tokens and not earned XP
- Improve alignment with Koios Platform
- Community classes (guest lecturers) in Discord. Rewards: 2 titan per guest lecture
- To also give NFT owners access to the channels. Reward: 10 titan
- Create "blueprint blockchain basics": one total overview of all the different components and their mutual cohesion regarding the blockchain basics. Reward: 50 titan. https://mirror.xyz/kidsune.eth/3I1KF175Z9m4EhEv46F9dYYRzxaMvB9aoVug4idil-0
- Setting up a Titan Academy, specialized track for eager ones (owning $TITAN or Titan NFT). Goal: Launch Titans in web3 in a direction they prefer. (in progress, lead: Kidsune) https://mirror.xyz/kidsune.eth/lifOVYFWGGhcfxbZEMU4g4-yV91QKhJHD4EcGMLOcE0 Reward: 50 titan
- NFT collectibles, based on blockchains basics blueprint. Like https://101.xyz/, but applied on THUAS Minors (in progress, lead: Kidsune) https://mirror.xyz/kidsune.eth/3I1KF175Z9m4EhEv46F9dYYRzxaMvB9aoVug4idil-0 Reward: 100 titan
- Integrate earn possibilities in Blockchain Minor. (in progress, lead: Kidsune) Examples: * Rabbithole * Questbook.app for learning web3 development skills. As students complete quests, they earn NFT and cryptocurrency. * Layer3 for "doing sh*t" and get rewarded with crypto. It is similar to an early version of Fiverr where members pitch what they would do for cryptocurrency. * Zapper.fi for getting started with DeFi. Users to take "quests" by depositing funds, transfer funds, and learning Decentralized Finance (DeFi) protocols. Participants earn "voltage" and NFTs. * 1729 for pulling forward the future web3 world. It is a newsletter that incentivizes readers to take action on everything from gathering information - such as nuclear policies of every EU country - to learning Solidarity to build smart contracts on the Etherum blockchain. Action is rewarded with cryptocurrency. * https://101.xyz/ Reward: 100 titan
- New course: NHL Stenden is working on a 'meaningful economy' curriculum. DELAYED DUE TO PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES CONTENT CREATOR. (in progress, lead: Eveline Kapteijn) Reward: 100 titan for total course team (max 20 per individual)
- 'Reshaping money' course (in progress, lead: Martijn vd Linden) Reward: 100 titan for total course team (max 20 per individual)
- Setting up ecosystem content - EXTERNAL LINKS: connect to learning partners - student growth flow towards DAOs like Kernel, TokenEngineering Academy, Ethernaut or all those others out there (which align with interests and principles of community). Reward: 100 titan
- Setting up ecosystem content - INTERNAL LINKS: turning research and discussions into articles for a journal on Mirror Reward: 100 titan
- Classes go VR with avatars in meta etc. Develop titan VR-merch for genies collaboration. Reward: 100 titan
- Phase 2: a cap on the number of Titan Tokens, removing our power to print an infinite amount of tokens. DAO manages a large part of the tokens for moderators to distribute and distribute via proposals. Goal: more decentralizing decision-making and adding value to the current stack of Titans (+ upping our game). Since we don't have automatic execution, there is still a manual action between voting and implementation. This is useful for any hostile takeovers ("send content from DAO Treasury to wallet XXX") Reward: 100 titan
- The next step: no actions unless it falls within a community-given mandate (within practical bandwidths, of course). Reward: 100 titan
- Explore for tools that can automatically fund proposals (a la Gitcoin). Mirror.xyz is a possibility, but they ask 2,5%. Reward: 100 titan
Aim: to work towards a fully community-owned environment, eventually accepted within legal frameworks of the future. Currently, the community gains increasing control but has no legal grounding in Dutch legislation. Communities can have a legal grounding in other countries, as DAOs are accepted globally in legal frameworks. However, since we started from the international city of peace and justice (The Hague), we would like to pioneer from the Netherlands first. So we created a Foundation called Stichting KoiosDAO. It ordered the $TITAN token launch and the Titan NFT launch (as was advised by legal consultants). But the Foundation doesn't do any activities and holds no tokens. So it has no active control. It is also free of Taxes (confirmed by IRS).
This is extremely interesting from a legal perspective but very uncertain territory. Therefore, we move slowly and engage with legislators and consultants before any significant moves are made. However, to keep innovating and learning, we will launch small experiments to test and learn. And contact specialists and partners. Then, we build from there, together. Reward: 100 titan
Koios could become self-sustainable if we launched a freely transferable token. But we are not sure if this is allowed atm. Hence we launched a non-transferable token (Q4-2021). It acts as governance tokens and proves contributions and a reputation that cannot be bought. Still, it limits funding. So a secondary, liquid token could help (for which we currently use the innate Discord XP points). They are freely tradeable, so you instantly connect to decentralized applications, cryptocurrencies, and other open-source initiatives. You can build on the shoulders of giants, opening up a world of innovation and experimentation. In a shared open-source testing environment, innovation is directly applied to learning and education, combatting learning about fast-moving topics.
However, setting up a freely tradable cryptocurrency from the Netherlands opens a legal black box because laws and regulations are not yet known. Many founders, therefore, moved abroad where more certainty is offered in legal frameworks. This is not hard due to the digital character of these projects (no physical location and some don't have central coordination). However, we have the intention to set up this innovation together with the knowledge institutions, involved parties, and the government in the educational ecosystem. The Hague, the city of governance with international peace and justice, origin of a worldwide public/public education network. A unique opportunity in our era we should not let go to waste.
- Research and consults are needed to invest in self-sustainable funding options. Reward: 100 titan
- Attract legal partners and involved parties to engage in this experiment (give them co-ownership via $Titan governance) Reward: 100 titan
- Set up a board of advisors Reward: 100 titan
- What might be interesting for the next phase is to launch a tiny amount of secondary liquid tokens to initiate experimentation. What is needed is a strong disclaimer that indicates that this is a test. A tool to work towards Education as a Common (objective). Reward: 100 titan
- Explain experimental character very well + disclaimer in the storyline. Prevent from making overpromises. Legal advice + copy from other projects. Reward: 100 titan
The community has also started working with NFTs (digital images on the internet that you can claim ownership of via the blockchain). You can buy these NFTs as a user by exchanging your Titan Token for an NFT Token (with an image of a Titan). In addition, users may be able to sell these NFTs through the secondary market. We have the NFT as one of the use cases of the Titan Token and mainly intended to create bonding between community members. However, we launch only a minimal amount of Titan NFTs because we are unsure about distribution mechanisms or possible legal implications.
- Is it allowed to scale to connect with OpenSea? We are not in control of prices on a secondary market. Can we be held responsible for what people do with their NFTs? We don't want them to be used as a speculation mechanism, but we want to offer users freedom of choice. Here too, a disclaimer is sensible. We also have a responsibility here as a community that focuses on Education. Reward: 100 titan
- Is selling the NFTs directly to the primary market allowed? This could act as a revenue model for the DAO. However, we do not know how this is seen from a legal or fiscal standpoint. Who owns the DAO funds: the active community with control but no legal grounding? Or the passive Foundation with no control but legal grounding? Reward: 100 titan
- Is it allowed to make the illiquid $Titan exchangeable for a liquid NFT? As a result, a market value may be attached to the Titan? Reward: 100 titan
We aim to give students a blockchain badge who complete a minor. So if you have passed ECT, you will receive a certificate (NFT picture + Metadata with the name of the course and period, etc.). It should be GDPR-proof because personal data is not included. But the blockchain is immutable and pseudo-anonymous: the badges are non-transferable and traceable if people know your public key.
- Are we really GDPR proof? Check-in with specialists Reward: 50 titan
- Engage with partner THUAS: experiment with THUAS badges (start with validated students)? If successful, expand to non-students in later phases. Reward: 50 titan
- Engage with other partners like LOOFC (representing 18 other Universities in NL) Reward: 50 titan
- IP artwork needs to be given by Akash (in progress) Reward: 50 titan
More parties will place different course materials. Registration under a common license must remain neutral and allow other entities to join content sharing initiatives (a requirement for ecosystem learning).
- Which license is well-suited for content sharing in an open-source fashion (Creative commons license 4)? Reward: 50 titan
- Koios cannot be held accountable for the IP. IP and responsibilities are for the content creator. Reward: 50 titan
- The check on IP breach should also be performed by the responsible party that owns the IP of the content. But, again, I think this is just part of the standard procedure at an educational institution. Reward: 50 titan
- Performing IP scans on content for minors. Is this really 100% OK? Doesn't have much to do with Koios but more with the blockchain and Trading minors. Reward: 50 titan
Various community members also want to donate cryptocurrencies, possibly to Koios itself and possibly to partner projects that focus on Education or, for example, replanting the earth. Technically this is easy to set up, but the legal consequences are unknown. For example, do donations fall under the Foundation (if so, what do you do for tax purposes).
- What are the consequences, legally and fiscally, when you receive donations on a public key from people via the internet? Reward: 20 titan
- Who owns the money when direction/governance is with the community (everything runs via the blockchain, so super transparent where the currency moves). Reward: 20 titan
- What about the KYC/AML legislation? And WWFT? Reward: 20 titan
Students are learning via the platform and communicating via Discord. They are also earning different cryptocurrencies as rewards. However, we are unsure how to disclaim the use of this all and how to record the license.
- Contact specialists Reward: 50 titan
- Which license for the use of Koios (Creative commons license 4)? Reward: 50 titan